Tuesday, September 19, 2006

And it's Broken Again.....

God damn it!

Fixed for one day and it's broken istelf again!

It's that pesky wire to the starter solenoid. For some reason I can't get it to stay put. I made the mistake of crimping the female spade clip a bit to prevent it from coming off again.

Actually, I managed to prevent it from going on ever again.

Every other XJ-40, and my XJ-S, for that matter, which has basically the same engine, has a ring terminal which is BOLTED to the starter solenoid. Why does my car have to have a spade fitting that I can's see or get anywhere near, except with the tips of my fingers...?

I'm off to the local car shop tomorrow to get a new spade connector to which I'm going to attach a length of new wire, then once it's satisfactorally attached I'll join it to the existing wire which is pissing me off so much.

On a brighter note, Just Digital have come up trumps with some new door labels and a windscreen banner, so it's not all bad. Even if it won't start, at least it'll have a few large number 51s emblazoned on it.

Until tomorrow.....


Simon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home