Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Disaster Averted (for now)...

Got the handbook out this morning. Would you believe that the XJ-40 has FOUR fuseboxes?!

What bothers me is that fuse C1 is for the Radio and it was fine. C2 should be a 7.5A fuse and is for the interior lights but it was a 15A one instead and in blowing had taken out the radio. Work that one out...

Miraculously enough the radio code was present in the car's documentation and we are going again. It bugs me that the radio stopped working because the fuse for the interior lights fails. Oh, also that the fuse should have been a 7.5A one and was 15A instead, but still blew! Still on the positive side, Fuse B4 didn't go. That one's for the Central Processing Unit (CPU)! Why does my car need a 20A fuse for a CPU?! That's a 240W processor.

I can't say I wasn't warned about the XJ40 and its electrics.

Simon

1 Comments:

Blogger TeamXJ3 said...

Hey, thanks Peggysue, I will be sure to check that this weekend as long as it's not brass-monkey weather or in any way cold.

Simon.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home