Monday, February 13, 2006

Whoop! We have our S2N Ride. And it's a Daimler!


As this is the first post, I'm guessing you're wondering how organised we are, right?

Well the presence of a website is a good start, but I always said I wasn't going to start in earnest until we got ourselves a decent motor.

Last month I put a cheeky advertisment in the Jaguar Enthusiast monthly magazine basically saying 'I want to buy your XJ-40 for £100'. As it happened I got a really good response and ended up with a 1992, 170k mile Daimler 4 litre with from a kind chap in Stockport called Kieran (on the right in the picture) who requested that I give the £99.99 for the car to our charity.

So that's what I did today. You can see the progress on JustGiving.com.

So as it stands, we have a car that is basically a go-er with MoT until July and a few jobs to do to get it ready for September.

Simon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pink Icing said...

How, what and where are you taking this Daimler????

10:00 AM  
Blogger TeamXJ3 said...

Hi Tanie,

We're driving the Daimler from Staples Corner, London to Naples, Italy in four days in the 'Staples2Naples' road rally this September. The intention is to raise a lot of money for the Alzheimer's Society in the process, through sponsorship and advertising space on the car.

Take a look at http://www.staples2naples.com

And our website (which is in tay two of development!)
http://www.xj3.co.uk

More to come soon

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home